It was the 11th grade/standard.I have been in the school since kindergarten and joined the science stream along with many of my batch mates, whereas lesser population joined the commerce stream.We are put into XI A, and they into XI B.I could see new faces in our division , and there came this guy...He was normal in stature , with looks that could be said to be handsome, with a face reflecting such innocence that anyone would classify him as naive.But his movements and walks were swift and with pace.And guess what , he fond a place near me in the class!!.
I am shy by nature , even to look at the girls, I would have to sweat a lot. to speakBut with all the courage I had, I turned towards him."Hey there, Whats your good name?". With a smile, that reflected of a young baby smile, he replied "Ashok and your name?" ."Dennis.Where are you from, I guess you are a new admission to our school?". He said"Yes, I am very much new to the place.My Mother's ancestral home is nearby and stay with my grandparents.Basically I am new to the country and was born and bought up in Dubai .I have been there for all these years".
Hmmmm, so new to the country even!!and in the school, where we are the famous villains.And the first hour of the academic year started.The new people had to introduce themselves.The new girls were not as pretty , and I rued that.The guys looked smart, anyways Ashok was the least ranked in the smartness department.Anyways, we have a life of our own.I was busy with our folks with our chit chats and daily news.As I was leaving, I could see Ashok with such delight and it made me think , whats this guy excited about?."Hi Ashok, what are you so delighted about?"."Look at the greenery .Its so beautiful!!!!".I get it, he is from a desert, so greenery is new for him.Ok, let him enjoy his time.Basically , there was one thing I noticed in this guy.He is very friendly- he is getting mingled up quickly unlike other new faces.And best-he is liking this whole place, which we ourselves over the years did not feel much great about!!!!.Thats our great school.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment