Saturday, May 10, 2008

Captaincy Encounter (1)

After almost 5 years , we have come back to our Great High School, and what more better occassion than the Annual Hall of Fame Induction of Our School.I can see a large audience,as I am entering the school gates.Theres so many talkings and Anxiety going around here.I have never seen such a large population for the last few functions I have been around.I can chip in anytime, my home is just 20 metres away from our high school and have been here since ages.

Well, this is the Day!!!The day that 5 years ago, I saw foresaw for him , as we walked across the victory ramp and perhaps this is that day that our school - Boys and Girls of all ages and all generations, Teachers and Management wanted to see, tell or show- to mark a respect , gratitude to a young boy who took the captaincy of a young school team , who were the "born natural underdog"s to a team that became "the invincibles".

And like many of me , it was the 'Captaincy Encounter'. The Induction of Asok , popularly known as Asoka, into the School Hall of Fame.

I can see Manu, Shriya in that remote corner.They have not changed a bit even after this 5 years."Hey Manu.Remember your Vice Captain?", I asked."Buddy, you have changed.You have become more pale.Do not tell me you have become a bookworm and forgot lovely edibles out in this world".I just laughed."Nopes, I have recovered from a flu, and hopefully you will not see any of this after a while.How are you Shriya?Hope you are doing good in your graduation?".Shriya was about to say something , before her little Nokia 2600 rang and she had to step away.

"Did you see Asoka.He has not arrived yet.I know there is another 15-20 mins for the function to start, but I rather love to see him after all these years".True, no doubt, after all these 5 years , where we spend talking over phone and email, this will be the first time, I would see him.Wonder how he still looks.Intbrings back the memories, 5 years ago........

No comments: